Pursuant to Legislative Decree No. 196/2003 as amended by Legislative Decree No. 101 of 10 August 2018 (Privacy Code) and Article 13 of EU Regulation No. 2016/679 (GDPR 2016/679), setting forth provisions for the protection of persons and other subjects with regard to the processing of personal data, the personal data provided by the User shall be processed in compliance with the aforementioned legislation and confidentiality obligations.
Owner/Person in charge of data processing: The Data Controller and Processor is Italia Solaris s.a.s. di Marina Cefali, email: [email protected]
Below is detailed information on the collection and processing of personal data provided by the User.
Types of personal data collected: Italia Solaris offers online booking services in the tourism sector. Personal data (first name, last name, email address, telephone number) are provided voluntarily by the user when filling in one of the contact forms on www.italiasolaris.com. On the basis of the User's request, other useful data may be requested in order to provide the best service, such as the age of the children, dietary or motor needs, time of arrival, personal details, address of residence, payment details, credit card number.
For data acquired automatically via cookies, see section 'Google Analytics and Google conversion Tracking'.
Optional provision of data and consent to data processing. The provision of their data by the User is optional, but if the User refuses to provide them, it may be impossible to provide the requested service.
Purpose of the processing: Italia Solaris is an intermediary in the booking of tourist services and stays in affiliated facilities. The data provided by the User is used in order to execute and finalise the booking request:
- re-contacting the User who has sent an email to [email protected], has filled in one of the website's forms, or has contacted Italia Solaris via the telephone number indicated on the website www.italiasolaris.com;
- book the chosen accommodation or service;
- confirm the booking after receipt of payment;
- the data are also used to send the user questionnaires on the evaluation of the service or facilities booked and to send to users subscribed to the newsletter communications relating to the services offered.
Method of treatment and storage period: the data collected through the conferment by the User, are stored in a protected electronic archive at the operational headquarters of Italia Solaris and kept for the time useful to the performance of the service and the purposes for which they were collected and in any case not later than the request for cancellation by the User.
Security measures: Italia Solaris has adopted security levels for the protection of personal data appropriate to the processing it carries out, including additional technological means useful to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized access and theft of personal data provided by users.
Italia Solaris shall not be liable for hypothetical damages or injuries that may result from interference, omissions, interruptions, computer viruses, telephone failures or disconnections in the operational functioning of the electronic system, caused by reasons beyond the control of Italia Solaris. Nor is Italia Solaris liable for delays or blockages caused by telephone line failures or overloading in the Data Processing Centre, the Internet system or other electronic systems, as well as damages that may be caused by third parties through unlawful intrusion outside the control of Italia Solaris. The User must be aware that Internet security measures are not impregnable.
Recipients of data, communication and dissemination: The data provided will be communicated exclusively to the service provider chosen by the User, in order to fulfil the booking request. In addition, the data collected may be used in the cases provided for by law to:
- protect a vital interest of the data subject or of another natural person where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent;
- ascertain, exercise or defend a right in court or whenever the judicial authorities exercise their judicial functions
- for reasons of substantial public interest based on Union or Member State law.
Automated decision-making processes: Data will not be processed by automated decision-making processes.
Rights exercisable by Users: Users guarantee and are responsible for the accuracy, validity and authenticity of the personal data provided; they have the right at any time to request access, rectification or deletion of their data, revoking previously expressed consent, through any communication channel with Italia Solaris (email, telephone, format on the website)
Google Analytics and Google conversion Tracking
These regulations can be viewed at the following address:
Cookies are small files that can be downloaded onto your computer (PC, mobile phone, tablet) when you surf the Internet.
They allow website operators to collect, store and retrieve information about your browsing habits. For example, they help to identify you as a user, or to know your purchasing preferences in order to offer you products and services that interest you.
They also serve to increase the level of security and prevent fraud when you make your purchases.
Cookies have various classifications and categorisations:
First-party or third-party cookies:
- are first party cookies when the information collected is managed by the publisher (us) itself;
- are third-party cookies when the information collected is managed by another entity, for example: cookies installed by Google, as the information collected by their cookies is not managed by us.
Depending on how long they are stored in your browser, these can be:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the User accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be kept for the purpose of providing the service requested by the user on one occasion.
- Persistent cookies: data remain stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can vary from a few minutes to several years.
Depending on the purpose for which the information obtained is processed, a distinction is made:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the User to navigate a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist therein.
- Personalisation cookies: they allow the User to access the service with certain predefined general characteristics according to a set of criteria in the User's terminal.
- Analysis cookies: these allow the responsible party to monitor and analyse the behaviour of Users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, applications or platforms and to draw up navigational profiles of the Users of these websites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the service Users' usage data.
- Advertising cookies: they enable the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: they store information on Users' behaviour obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on the same.
The Italia Solaris web portal (www.italiasolaris.com) uses third-party cookies (Google) to optimise and personalise the browsing experience.
The data collected through the cookies may be shared with the creators of the cookies, but in no case will the information obtained from the cookies be associated with personal data or data that can identify the User.
However, if the User does not want cookies to be installed on his/her device, he/she can configure his/her browser to prevent the installation of these files.
Depending on the purpose of the cookie, the User has the right to accept or reject its download and installation on his/her device.
Cookies that have a technical purpose do not require consent for their installation, as they are the ones that enable the proper functioning of this web portal.
However, you can accept or not accept those that are not technical, for example, advertising cookies.
HOW TO CHANGE THE COOKIE SETTING ON YOUR BROWSER
As a user you can restrict, block or delete cookies from this web portal or any other web portal by configuring the preferences in your browser.
This is different in each browser; you can find instructions in the help menu of the browser you are using.